Chemical peels can improve the skin‘s appearance. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it “blister” and eventually peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Chemcial peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
Areas of sun damage may improve after chemical peeling.
After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day. It should say “broad-spectrum” on the label, meaning it protects against the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. Also, it should be a physical sunscreen and be above SPF 30. Limit your time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and wear a wide-brimmed hat.
How do Environ Peels Work?
Environ have a variety of peeling systems, using acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions. These peels preserve as much epidermis as possible while at the same time, getting the safest effective concentration of hydronium ions into the dermis. These peels are designed to preserve the architecture of the skin simultaneously stimulating the fibroblasts in the dermis to increase the quantity of collagen in the dermis.
What Skin Issues do Environ Peels Treat?
• Environ peels are an ideal way to treat acne that has not responded to prior simple treatments.
• Rough skin will respond very successfully to peeling and skin that is in need of hydrating.
• Wrinkles and fine lines.
• Solar keratoses (known as age spots)
• It enhances facial surgery.
What will my Skin feel like During and After my Environ Peel?
During your Environ peel, you may experience a warm, tingling sensation, however most clients experience no discomfort. After your peel, your skin may feel tight and slightly warm.
Advantages of the Environ Peel:
• Versatile system
• Can be customised according to each client’s requirements
• No down time
• Cool and painless
LACTIC FIRM PEEL
This fruit acid (Alpha Hydroxy) family member is not exactly a peel per se: it’s actually a powerful chemical exfoliator. You should be quite familiar with this acid, as it is present in some forms in your own body: it’s what makes your muscles feel stiff after strenuous exercise. It’s mentioned here because it can be used in conduction with chemical peels (normally Alpha Peels) to facilitate shedding.
Used for: Skin firming / tightening
What to expect:
- Accelerated skin shedding
- Skin tightening / firming
- No visible peeling
- No social inconvenience (no downtime / recovery time)
BETA PEEL & BETA PLUS PEEL
Lamelle Research Laboratories introduced the range of beta peel products which is a professional product range used in Lamelle’s professional protocols. The key ingredient of the beta peel range is Salicylic Acid which has been placed in a self-neutralising base. The beta peel range is designed to create peeling of the skin and is focused on the treatment of pigmentation irregularities which include solar pigmentation, melasma and post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation conditions. In addition to this the beta peel range is very effective in the treatment of congested skin and acne. This range may only be used by your Lamelle accredited Specialist or Aesthetic Doctor. The beta peel range consists of different concentrations of salicylic acid and will be discussed below. The Beta peel range is a light superficial chemical exfoliation and the concentrations vary between 15%, 20% and 30%. The differences between the percentages indicated the depth of penetration. Beta peel 30% is classified as a medical chemical peel and may therefore only be administered by an Aesthetic Doctor.
- Treatment of Hyper-pigmentation
- Treatment of congested skin and acne
- Oily skin
- Treatment of comedones
- Treatment of acne
What to expect:
- Approximately one minute after application, a very slight tingling becomes apparent, but only lasts about two minutes
- Peeling is usually not visible
- No social inconvenience (no downtime / recovery time)
A range of chemical peels for skin renewal and dermal rejuvenation.
For skins with acne tendency
Skin with whiteheads, blemishes on skin, acneic tendency, photoaging alterations and wrinkles
Brighter, smoother skin that is wrinkle and acne free.
Intense anti-aging peel
20% · 35% · 50%
High transdermal penetration capacity
for all skin types.
Stage I to III skin aging.
Mesoestetic´s Glycolic peel is indicated for the treatment of fine wrinkles and photo-aging. Can be used for all photo-types, and for skin with only slight problems. Stimulates the formation of collagen, elastin and other dermal substances. Also good for comedonic acne. Significantly improves pigmented skins and melasma caused by the combined action of sensitivity to contraceptives and sun exposure, with no risk of hyperpigmentation or photosensitivity after peel treatment.
30% · 40% · 50%
Mesoestetic´s Lactic acid peel is indicated for the treatment of fine wrinkles and photo-aging. It can be used for all photo-types, and for skin with only slight problems. Stimulates the formation of collagen, elastin and other dermal substances.
Sensitive, dry, fine and/or dull skin types.
Stage I and II skin ageing
Indicated for: superficial and epidermal pigmented lesions, particularly developed for the treatment of melasma and other similar dyschromias., solar lentigos, ephelides
Ideal for: dull skins or skins with uneven tone. Suitable for face and body.
Azelaic acid (20%) inhibits melanocytes, lightens pigmented maculae and helps normalise the keratinisation proces
Resorcinol (10%) is a keratolytic – it modifies permeability of cell membranes. It combats hyperpigmentation and has a whitening effect
Phytic acid (6%) acts as powerful copper chelating agent, copper being an essential cofactor for activating tyrosinase. It has depigmenting and antioxidant effects
Treatment cycle: six successive applications with a minimum rest period of two weeks between. maintenance applications are recommended every six months.
This is a gentle peel with little to no downtime. It renews the epidermal layers, while increasing its thickness and lightening the skin.
Skin with melasma and melanic hyperpigmentation.
Rejuvenating, brightening and lowest risk for post-inflammation pigmentation. It is also the only peel safe to do while on cosmelan and demamelan products.
Skin renewal. Deep wrinkle treatment.
Ageing signs – fine lines, deep wrinkles or hyperpigmentation and acne treatment.
Skin tone brightens and smoothness increases.
Broad spectrum peel.
The Jessner peel is for exclusive use by doctors. Medical assessment must precede peel application.
– Acne and moderate ageing
– Dark spots
– Irregular skin tone
Improves skin texture and natural colour.
Hyper-pigmentation, malasma and fine lines treatment
– Skin ageing caused by systematic sun exposure
– facial blemishes due to excessive pigmentation
– general imperfections caused by melanin
– “Dark blemishes”, especially on hands and face, are one of the greatest aesthetic concerns of modern men and women. It will only be possible to remove the anti-aesthetic skin blemishes and recover the smoothness of the skin, bringing back its luminosity, with a treatment that has a direct effect on the intimate formation process of the pigment (melanin).
The Cosmelan® Depigmentation treatment offers a series of major advantages and benefits compared with other types of depigmentation products found in the market:
– Very effective in all types of melasma
– Rapid and easy depigmenting action
– Compatible with ALL skin types (Fitzpatrick I – VI)
– Light peeling effect
– Rejuvenates the skin
– Treatment can be used all year round
– Beneficial for acne patients
– Does not contain TCA
– High safety margin
TCA (Aging) Peel
Beta Plus Peel
Skin Peel Hands
TCA 15% Peel
TCA 35% Peel